The term “retail apocalypse” started trending about 2 years ago. It refers to the fact that thousands of stores are closing in the US (and the rest of the developed world follows).
By April 2019 there were as many stores closed as in the whole of 2018!
However, in the past few years the retail revenue is consistently growing.
I am sure you have already guessed who the winner is…
Yep, it’s e-commerce.
E-commerce is NOT the future, it is the PRESENT!
E-commerce is consistently growing and Amazon.com is responsible for more than 50% of online sales in the US.
What most people don’t know though, is that Amazon products account for less than 50% of it’s revenue. The rest comes from 3rd party sellers.
Mostly, through what is called FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon) everyone has the opportunity to ride the wave of technology and get their share of the ever-growing Amazon pie!
The process is quite simple:
- You pick a product you would love to promote and is within the “ASM success criteria”
- You find a supplier (alibaba is a great source for that)
- You arrange delivery of your products to Amazon Warehouses (a freight forwarder takes care of that)
- You start selling on Amazon
- You optimize your listing and marketing to grow your sales